Last Man Standing Crazies!
I look forward to watching you all push your bodies to new limits. This is what it is all about! Some of you have emailed with a few questions on what to expect. As you all know, the main Southern Tour event is postponed until April 10th, but I knew we could have this event as planned and I certainly couldn't miss a weekend with you in the woods in January!
The event is now pretty low budget, but below I have listed what I will be providing and then following that, what you should expect to supply.
I WILL PROVIDE:
- Two Bathrooms (Rent A Johns)
- Camp Fire
- Power Aid
- Snacks and Honey Stingers
- Pizza for Dinner Friday and lunch and dinner Saturday
- You will all get Southern Tour Hats
- You will all get a bib
- Live Coverage all weekend
YOU NEED TO PROVIDE
You can arrive to the property anytime after 2:00pm on Friday January 15th. The race will start at 7:00pm
- Your Own Support - Please limit your support so there isn't tons of people there all at once. If you have a few people there at once, that would be the max. (just don't bring 10 people)
- You will obviously bring your own nutrition that you like taking throughout the race
- Camping gear
- Nobody will be at the entrance, so just common in, if the gate looks closed, it will be dummy locked, meaning the lock will be unlocked so just push it open and tell any of your support to close the gate after they pass through.
- I will have cones out on US-17 to signify where the entrance is
If you have done Southern Tour before, you remember there are two track roads that surround the property. The entire 4.167 mile course will be on these main roads with plenty of arrows so you can see at night. You will not get lost, trust me. Below is a picture to show you exactly what your entire course will look like.
We will start with an out and back to be sure your distance is perfect, then you will do a 3 mile loop.
I will be going live all night and all day until the LAST MAN is standing! If you do drop out, I hope you will stick around to watch.
I am very excited about this opportunity to host a true backyard ultra and to watch you all kill it. Push yourselves! Just think, LIVE ALL WEEKEND, if we get over 120 miles, it will get some attention. DO WORK!
There are 5 more spots available in the event if you know anyone!
If you have any question in the meantime, feel free to email me.
P.S. The @ULTRARUNNINGGUYS did two podcasts about the event. One with me and one with 4 participants. Their podcasts are on their facebook page here.